Thursday, March 10, 2011

Where to begin...

My life is nothing as I expect it would be at almost 29.

I recently, tragically, lost my husband: a product of the worst year of our life and a legal system that does not protect the innocent. I'm left in a house that is constant reminder of my marriage, with two beautiful doglets that still wait for daddy to come home, a job that Governor Good Hair finds expendable, and no idea where one goes from here. 

I actually had the idea for this blog about a month ago, before the unthinkable, when I was simply looking for a venue to show off all my fabulous projects that I constantly start... sometimes finish... but always enjoy. But as I stand at the proverbial crossroads of what direction my life takes now that a major chapter has ended, I have a feeling those projects might hold more value than simple diversion. 

Some people go to group therapy, physical therapy, the kind of therapy where they pull out memories you once worked so hard to bury. I, however, in the dawn of our gorgeous Texas spring (which turns into a scorching Texas summer), with memories I want to keep, not confront, am turning to project therapy. 

my ginormous butterfly bush before i hacked 4 feet off in the name of "new growth"

No comments:

Post a Comment