Sunday, January 22, 2012

Yarn & Kleenex - a weekend project

This is weekend #2 I have felt like crap. I'm going on two full weeks of battling a cold that insists on lingering, thanks in part to the fact that I admittedly don't take good care of myself. I stay up too late. I eat badly. Frozen blueberries and V8 is literally the bulk of my fruit and vegetable intake. I've never made time to take care of me. Until recently (which isn't all that recent anymore) Roger was the one that forced the issue of going to bed, nursed a sickness with fluids and all that stuff they tell you is good for you, even reminding me I should probably take time to eat lunch at work.

Let me save you the trouble by telling you the results of my recent experiment: purposely dehydrating yourself does not stop snot production.

When you actually put that into the written word, it sounds a lot dumber than it did in theory... I finally broke down and bought some sign-your-life-away-give-them-your-drivers-licence Sudafed today which says a lot because I can almost guarantee I won't sleep tonight because of it. I'm one of the lucky 5-10% of the population that Sudafed causes insomnia. woo hoo.

Instead of sleeping my cold and weekend away, I chose to start a project that ended up taking most of the weekend due to trial and error. My project of choice - a sleeve for my MacBook Pro. I already have a fancy case/bag for it, but sometimes I don't want to carry that and just want a semi-protective sleeve that will fit in my school bag or my fancy new giraffe print purse (thanks Joan!). I was inspired by this sleeve, but my stitch pattern and actual construction is unique.




I think I may hate the colors. I like the red, but I've been going back and forth on the edging... It was between a variegated taupe and this sparkly black. It's current state is a bit too Texas Tech for me, but the taupe looked very... "homey"?.... to me originally. If I change my mind I can easily replace the edging, but I am kinda fond of the crocheted "d" on the back. :)

Thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment