Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Good Pinterest vs. Bad Pinterest

Inspiration #1 - GOOD
via


I thought this shirt was super cute and decided to try my hand at beading. I looked a little over the directions but improved it a bit. I used glass pearl beads, contrary to the instructions not too heavy, and while I did read the first few instructions, I decided that I didn't like how they attached the beads. In mine, I ran the thread in between the layers of the neck so that it is invisible sewing. Took about an hour maybe(?). The result was pretty awesome. :)

shirt bought for $6 at the Gap at Christmas, glass beads bought for 50% off at Hobby Lobby

i like that the pearls detract from the fact that i have no make up on :)

Inspiration #2 - BAD

via
I actually chose to follow the directions on this, and despite the fact that the picture makes these yogurt dots look just so precious, they were anything but. I dumped some Yoplait Harvest Peach yogurt into a plastic sandwich bag, cut off the corner like when applying frosting, and made little dots on some freezer paper. An hour later I had this:


Aw! Cute, just like in the blog... Only problem? As soon as you take them out of the freezer they start melting. IMMEDIATELY. Thick, soupy mess. Not the cute, genius idea I thought it was. Bummer. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment