Thursday, March 15, 2012

Bloom Day : March 2012

All of my favorite gardening blogs participate in "bloom day" on the 15th of each month showing off the fruits (or rather flowers) of their labor. This is my first time to participate. Boy do I have quite a bit blooming after the recent rains. :)

pineapple sage 
not a true bloom, but the crape myrtles are about to pop!

evil, evil spiderwort buds....

you can tell from the leaves that i mow this stuff down all the time... 
the dianthus i planted, let die, never water, yet still comes back year after year

salvia greggii

verbena 

mexican bush sage coming back nicely

love, love, LOVE my hot lips salvia :)

white salvia greggii with my primrose jasmine in the background

some form of salvia i have never planted that randomly appeared between some bricks in the front 
the salvias i DID plan in the front :)

i think my redbud may be dying one limb at a time, so i need all the bloom pictures of it i can

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to mowing down spiderwort, except that I let it bloom first then mow. Redbud has a tendency to die, but it has a tendency to reseed everywhere so you are never without one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My yard was full of purple blooms until I mowed this evening. :)

      Delete